Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pluto in the 1st House

With Pluto in the 1st, there is a deep intensity of self-expression. It's as if the power of the unconscious exists for all to see right at the surface of self, and that power has great impact. People tend to immediately like or dislike you, sometimes in spite of themselves. In some instances, others both like and dislike you simultaneously, experiencing attraction and repulsion together. This is because your natural radiance demands psychological confrontation between yourself and others, even though that demand is largely unintentional. Your projected energy is mysterious, promising more than is shown, with a hint of danger. Curiously, you are
often blind to the compelling nature of your own personality, and you wonder why others respond to you as they do.  Natural persona: Your natural face is difficult to read, but impossible to ignore. Something dark and brooding is present, indefinable, unseen, but strongly felt. Your name-tag says, "I am not what I seem; I am more and less than you realise".

There's more. Anything in the first house tends to radiate visibly and obviously from the personality. With you sending out such Plutonian vibrations, people around you often let you symbolise that part of life for them. And when they are not at ease with Plutonian realities - a fair bet most of the time - they'll have a tendency to project their discomfort onto you, naming you the 'bad' one: you're 'too intense', 'too psychological', 'too sexual', 'too morbid', whatever. This scapegoating pattern is likely to have made itself felt at some point in your life, and it too is part of the Wound you carry. Your navigational error: Like the beer can sitting by the compass in our earlier parable, your truth-carrier's scar or your scapegoat's wound can distort your course
through life. Essentially, you can hold back too much, or express yourself vigorously and passionately but in pointless ways that have little to do with who you really are and what you really feel.


Pluto people are considered to be too egotistical, and there is seldom any pity felt for them. Others will say "Well, he (or she) deserves it, since he (or she) brought it on himself (or herself)". Unfortunately, Pluto first house people are not aware of what  they did to bring things on themselves. They will close the door to the frustrating past, and grudgingly go on. Friendships and connections are severed entirely, with little chance of reviving. Labeled either a 'loser' or an egomaniac, this person can simply disappear from the scene. Indeed, the Pluto native is often hard to find anyway - but under times of stress he or she can simply vanish, leaving no forwarding address or any clues to his or her whereabouts.

Of course, not every first house Pluto native has this particular problem of unrelenting crises, etc.. But she / he will generally still be a very private person. Few people, if any, will get to know this person intimately. Yet, there is often an aura of excitement around the Pluto native, which suggests that here is someone who lives life very richly and excitingly. Being around such a person can lend an aura of glamour to one's life; and others feel that they are somehow more exciting people because of this connection with power.

The Pluto first house person is a magician, and that's what magnetically attracts others. Somehow, others simply know that the power of this person can bring into his or her life anything she / he wants - anything! The focus of awareness is deep, and the sense of dynamic, powerful inner motivations can tap into the resources of the universe. By being clear with desire, the essential nature of Scorpio and Aries (the two signs most frequently associated with Pluto) creates that into reality. The native can experience life intensely in the moment, and is extraordinarily perceptive. Like a hawk or an eagle, people with first house Pluto are aware of their environment, and of how that environment reflects their own nature. They can live life with excitement, involved in unravelling the mystery of reality, and exploring their own magical resources - of which there are many! When this individual can positively use Pluto, she / he will not feel destroyed if others think him or her silly or ridiculous.

Seriousness is replaced with purpose; and there is a sense of cosmic humour with this placement, an understanding of how funny the universe can be. He or she can be vulnerable, and in that vulnerability can have the capacity to respond openly and in depth to feelings and stimuli. This is truly powerful. This person is selective in the choice of who or what to respond to, and doesn't necessarily feel obligated to be or act with your usual social politeness. Yet, she / he can be very tender, warm and understanding, when she / he chooses to be.

This individual has the power to act on his or her own decisions, and feel good about it, trusting the inner self. Even though others may think this person rude at times, the Plutonian knows what is true communication and what is really verbal manipulation,  and responds accordingly. Without the paranoia of the negative Pluto person, the positive individual can truly feel the difference, and will not be manipulated. He or she, however, will be open and expressive, and supportive of anyone about whom she / he cares greatly. This gives incredible depth to a relationship, and a deep and secure bond between the parties involved. Life with a Pluto first house individual is never routine! If you are one, or are fortunate enough to know one, you'll be aware of the magicality of life, when Pluto is used positively.

The Pluto individual will always be able to achieve his or her heart's desire, for she / he has the qualities of courage, self-forgiveness, and personal security through self- knowledge. With a grand perspective, this powerful personality creates  a unique and exciting reality for himself or herself. With the deep kundalini force within the self expanding outwards, the Pluto person lets his or her own magical genius complete that greater destiny she / he knows is waiting for him or her. Probably outcomes of the pattern mentioned before include the development of a powerful will, many upheaveals throughout life, high levels of endurance, non-conformity, resistance, intensity, and weight on the body (particularly about the hips). Others will notice this person's intense gaze, which hints at fire and power smouldering under the surface. This person can be overtly aggressive, or seemingly painfully shy. The face may have deep-set eyes, and a strong chin. Sometimes, despite the power of the jaw, the distance from chin to nose can be small in proportion to the space from eyebrows to hairline.

Common characteristics of the First House Pluto types are these: intense individualists, can be very strong-willed, intense, magnetic, bull-headed, defiant against arbitrary authority, courageous, possess inherent leadership abilities, are not given to meaningless conversations, have a penetrating gaze, and can be hard to get to know deeply. They have very strong physical bodies.

15 comments:

  1. I have Pluto in the 1st house. All of the above things are true. I know I can be a very intense driven individual. I feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. I'm all about self-destruction and revival. Not just to make myself stronger but to also be stronger for other people. I've always been very aware of my surroundings and every situation. I can feel out pretty much any situation and understand it. Like Aquarius said, I know the difference between real social connection and useless babbling just to pass time. I cannot stand useless babbling. It is either real or not real. That is the only way I see it. I would like to point out that people with Pluto in the first house filter out people that don't exactly have the same beliefs and/or cherish the same values that the Pluto individual has. Some people will try to fit in as far as every social situation because they don't want to be the "odd" one out, even if they don't want to be in that social situation or don't exactly value the people around them. With me it doesn't bother me to be the "odd" one out because I actually prefer it that way. This is simply because I do not like fake situations and/or reactions. If I am in a social situation that I am not enjoying or feel like engaging in then it is not going to be real for me and as a direct result the people are not going to know the real me. Also, yes, I can always sense what is going on... I not only have a passion for finding/seeing hidden things but I am also a master at sensing them. I just simply won't change my beliefs and values and I am not going to give in to "fake social normalities." What I mean by "fake social normalities", is..... well, I guess I can give an example. People all the time ask how people are doing.....I mean you here it constantly throughout your day to day life....."Hey, how's it going?" "How are you doing?" "How's life?". Of course people always expect a positive response such as "I'm doing good." "Good! and you?" It's just the "social norm" to keep things "flowing" so to speak, so people can go about their lives. Even if the person is feeling down or is not happy, they will usually reply with "good". I can say that I simply "hate this". I'm the type of person that will either completely dismiss something that someone has said or give them a reaction they did not intend. Of course they are expecting the normal reaction or normal reply. In a direct turn of my reactions and my attitude in social situations people think that there is something wrong or that I am not normal, or weird.... etc... No I am simply just being true to my feelings and I hate engaging in anything not true or fake... it may not be fake with the other people but it would be fake for me to reply with "Good!" even though I feel bad or simply just do not feel like communicating. At the same time though I respect all people and I think it is disrespectful to disregard humans entirely so I will interact but I will do so truthfully. Another example I would like to give is when someone says, "What's up?" or "What's going on?" I will usually reply with "not much" when I am in my "concentration mode" or I guess when I am thinking about things. When I say "not much" it basically just means that I am not going to reveal with you what is hidden within me. I only reveal my secrets to people I fully trust and who I am fully connected with. Hell, I have a hard time revealing myself to my family members even. I would just like to add that I am a Gemini with Scorpio rising with a strong Capricorn and Aries as well. I am a thinker and I think constantly and I only intend to interact with people truthfully because that's the way strong plutonians and strong scorpios are. We can see right through "bullshit" so to speak.
    Thanks for writing this Aquarius. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Libra rising with Pluto 1st. This is so accurate for me. But Venus qualities also play part. However positive Pluto I feel these days giving a very good power actually. I would like to connect with fellow plutonians. May be on Instagram or fb?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Typo ..... "here it constantly" should be "hear it constantly" ***** lol, my bad everyone. I'm only human right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemini Scorpio - I enjoyed your comment, being an extremely Plutonian Individual myself - (Moon Conjunct Pluto at less than 1 deg; Ascendant Conjunct Pluto at less than 3 deg; Mars ruling in the 8th house Aries), I subscribe to your view of not faking reactions just for the sake of it. Be yourself regardless of what world thinks, and be prepared for major resentments in several areas of life (personal experience ha ha) I created this blog for Plutonians alone. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was wonderfully and accurately written! I have Scorpio Rising with Jupiter and Neptune conjunct it from the 12 house! Pluto therefore rules my first! Love this, it fit me to a "T". Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Moon HIgh Priestess' - I love your name! wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog. About Scorpio rising, you may not be a real Scorpio rising if you have cast your horoscope using Tropical Zodiac. I follow the Vedic, sidereal system that tends to be accurate. In my view, most of the westerners lead a confused existence, even as to their astrological signs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libra Rising with Pluto in 1st. My Libran qualities (along with some Gemini) soften these characteristics for me. But I could totally recognize myself in the blog article from top to bottom. Quite spot on.

    The intensity is definitely there (something I wasn't aware of for a long time).

    Thanks for sharing this. Definitely one of the more accurate pieces of text I've come across :).

    I salute you fellow Plutonians! ♥ (see? that's Venus right there ;), sharing the love)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Libra rising with Pluto 1st. This is so accurate for me. But Venus qualities also play part. However positive Pluto I feel these days giving a very good power actually. I would like to connect with fellow plutonians. May be on Instagram or fb?

      Delete
  7. Pluto in 1st House, Libra rising. I recognize myself in some of the traits described in this article. However regarding physical appearance, I'm not sure I have an intense gaze. I have very heavy/large eyelids and bulging eyes (remember Bette Davis?), which makes me look kind of stoned or half-asleep most of the time :-/ Not very Plutonian or Scorpionic to me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Describes me perfectly. The one thing I hate about myself is obsessing. But once I tell myself that enough is enough and its time to move forward, I can move on. sometimes I just want to go into hiding forever with only one person that i can love and trust at my side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plus, I uninstalled my facebook, instagram, Twitter and Snapchat. I've completely fell off the face of the planet and have gone into relfection. I will return to social media when i feel better about myself, or as they say; after my death I will be reborn. :)
    Thank you for this article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is crazy! I did the exact same thing literally around the same time you posted this comment (Summer 2018) for exactly the same purpose. I'm currently still "off-the grid" or "underground" but I have been working non-stop and doing all I can in order to know myself to grow myself. These last couple of years I've endured more emotional pain and mental torment that if it had not been for my therapist and the indomitable energy and spirit I have been blessed with, all of the trauma bonding I had been obliviously suffering from would have damaged what was left who I Am now & always Will Be beyond repair. I know I still have a long journey ahead and my challenges are coming at me like the Expert level of Mortal Kombat 11 (the real life version😂) but I also can see that I've come a long way from where and who I was back in June 2018 when I chose to take a leap of faith and 'unplug myself'. The truth is anything but what society is programmed to see as something positive, acceptable, or beneficial to them.

      Delete
  10. I am Gemini sun, Scorpio moon and Virgo Rising. I have Pluto 1st House in Virgo and Uranus 1st House in Libra. I am strange! People like me a lot or dislike me a lot, and they don't even know me. I have a really intense personality. I enjoy the paranormal and astrology very much. I hope to one day be able to write...write songs that people will never forget. Songs that will impact them in intense ways.

    ReplyDelete